Tuesday, May 31, 2011

She is all grown up!

How incredible it is to see your youngest sister, the one you remember changing her diapers, graduate! It's like seeing your own child. How can you not want to cry when you see her going down the stage, hearing her name being called and letting everyone know; she was an honor student?
It was definitely a weekend! It had its ups and downs. Being with Family is definitely an up, a little crazy and stressful at moments, but certainly an up!
The down, was seeing my mom sick and taking her to the ER. But she is fine and we all ended the weekend in the best way.

Saying good-bye is not the best of moments sometimes. When I hugged my sister, to tell her bye until November, I could see tears building up in her eyes. That breaks my heart. Although, we still will see each other as much as we do now, I will be 4200 miles away instead of 600.

Johanna and I are one year apart, and as we grew up we fought like any other siblings would, well I do have to admit being a bit of a bully!
But even then, I took care of her, she is my closest friend and certainly sister. I will miss not being able to come around and see her in Florida. But things change and we all have to go where we are destined to.

In exactly three weeks I will be in England. Anxiety is building up as I start saying my farewells to friends and family, but also very much looking forward to being home with Steve in Totternhoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picasa

Tower Bridge

Tower Bridge
London April 2010

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls November 2010

Niagara Falls November 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010