Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy "Paper" Anniversary!

Sunday, March 4th will be one year since I married my other half! Where does time go?
This last year has been a true adventure.
I can remember that Steve and I were preparing to fly to NYC to get hitched around this time last year. I was still living in Atlanta and was anxiously counting the hours to get married and days to move to the UK with Steve finally.
It all seemed so far away, and yet here I am, one year of being happily married.
We've gone through so many things like renting my condo, getting my visa, leaving work, moving over seas, redecorating our home, learning to drive and much more, it all seemed impossible, yet I have accomplished all. Now my trouble is finding a proper paper gift for my husband, who never seems to need anything...
Now I know, I can get airline tickets or stock certificates for him, but being unemployed impedes me from getting any of those. So unless someone has a better suggestion, I will wrap myself in paper and be my husbands gift!
Apart from the wedding anniversary coming up, I have been applying for Jobs in the UK. So far I've had 0 interviews, well of course one coming sometime next week. Hopefully this will be it.
I have to say it is very upsetting and annoying that finding a job is so difficult! I hate when they say, you are over qualified. Well yes, but I still need a job over qualified or not.
Anyway! In the meantime I apply to about 20 jobs a week... and I am running out of options... Help?
In other news, I finally go on my driving test 8 weeks from now, and although I have not mastered the gears, I am very capable of taking myself places, I am so proud of myself, finally driving a manual car. Who knew that moving would take so much effort?
In the meantime, I am working on my photography portfolio and have my business cards and website done. All I need now are paying clients, anyone interested?

and on that bombshell, like my friend Jeremy form top gear says, it's time to end, or in my case, time to get ready for the PUB! another beauty of living in the UK!
Good night!
 

3 comments:

  1. What is the rush to start working? And also an advise. Change your Resume a little bit. If it looks that you are overqualified the potential employers won't want to invest time and effort training you because they know that you will probably leave if a better offer comes your way. You will probably get a Little less money or a non-fancy tittle but Remember that you will build your way to the top of the company once you are in! La mama Cris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really understand your situation :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's crazy! let's see if I can get some more interviews soon!!!

      Delete

Picasa

Tower Bridge

Tower Bridge
London April 2010

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls November 2010

Niagara Falls November 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010