Monday, July 4, 2011

Overdue Updates!

I apologize to all for the long overdue update after my flight across the pond and into England!
It has been certainly a very busy two weeks since Steve and I arrive home in Totternhoe, here goes:

Saying goodbye to my Mom was the most difficult thing I had to do. I cried when we were about to go through the airport security, all the way through possibly half way of the flight home. The other half I spent up because of turbulence... it wasn't that bad, but I am a chicken when it comes to turbulence!
It was not the most smooth flight I've had, Our flight was delayed for about an hour or so, we were due to leave at 10:55, yet we left more about midnight, so technically the 21st. In the flight, apart from the sadness, crying, tiredness, turbulence, I managed to spill all over me a full glass of wine! What a waste!

We arrived at Heathrow about  1:30 pm instead of 12 pm as it was supposed to be. The getting in went very smooth, Steve and I were able to get out pretty quick.

On our way home with My mother in Law, we decided we would go to Costco and Ikea, to buy some new drawers for my Mother in law's new house,  and some food and toiletries for our home. This would help us to not fall asleep early and then be up all night. Maybe we could adjust to the UK time quicker? Not! Still took a few days to get used to it.
We however, were able to manage to go to Costco and Ikea... then it was home... to bed!

The nest few days were crazy, we helped Mum with her drawers, moving, TV. we celebrated her birthday on Thursday, of course, after Steve's training at the Canoe Club and after a visit to the Apple store about my laptop, which by the way I am getting replaced by them for free! Friday, was our welcome home party at a club about 15 minutes from our home.
We had great friends come and see us, it was great!
Then Saturday we had Steve's sister in law's 30 Birthday party! We had of course a marvelous time and finally Sunday we had a wonderful BBQ done by our wonderful neighbors to welcome us home! So there goes week one! It was crazy and busy.


Monday I was able to stay home and start the redecorating project, which now is on hold due to my crazy allergy attacks! Today I was able to go to the doctor and get a few prescriptions, which includes an inhaler that well help my allergy asthma attacks! The things we do to not get rid of our baby!





So, up till now, I have been able to clean and redecorate the spare room and the bathroom... still the rest of the house left. Week two was pretty much spent hom, I did have one driving lesson, quite stressful!
Of course the weekend came, and so did my first Camping experience as well as the Nottingham regatta, which is a canoe Kayak interclub competition. We had a fabulous time, and I was so proud of Steve coming second with only a week and a half of training. 
So there my friends! This is what's going on. This week, I am going to update my CV (Resume). I may have a job prospect, which is great. I will also finish decorating and cleaning the house, stay tuned for more pictures!

Well my dear friends, I am going to cook, before my husband gets home from training...

Perfect British Strawberries.... MMM! I like!


2 comments:

  1. You're a mere 130 miles away. How exciting! And welcome. Feel free to email if you need an ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will definitely keep in touch, all the friends I can get the better!

    ReplyDelete

Picasa

Tower Bridge

Tower Bridge
London April 2010

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls November 2010

Niagara Falls November 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010