Wednesday, August 31, 2011

So sorry I have stopped blogging!

I know it's long overdue, and shame on me for not writing these past few months and for that I apologize.
Life in England is wonderful, my husband is amazing and I love him more and more each day.

For the past few months, since I arrived in England, I have been mostly decorating our home. We have painted almost every wall either white or red. Red is my favourite colour in the world for those of you that don't know. Anyway, we, and I say we because Steve has helped me somewhat, have cleaned every corner of the house to remove the cat hair that has laid in the last few years. I am happy to say that by having a clean home and of course the help of the air purifiers around the house, my Cat allergies are almost non existent, I can tell you, Steve is very happy about that, and so is Houdini, who sits in my lap every night so I can scratch and pet him. Funny enough, he lets me groom him with my lint roller, LOL.






We have also removed some old, not very nice furniture, took me a second, but I won that battle! We have now added a few nice book case and storage in the living room and we are about to redo the whole ground floor, by replacing the carpet, laminate and kitchen vinyl with a nice dark wood flooring, similar to what I had in my Condo in the US.
Living room
We have re decorated the second bedroom and made it an office space and wardrobe and shoe closet at the same time :). My shoes deserve a nice big space!
My Living room decorated
Apart from decorating, I have also been learning to drive a manual car in the wrong side of the road and with roundabouts. I have to say, it has been a challenge and I am still afraid to death of driving, I stall the car about 3 or four times in one go! Someday I will be able to drive again!

Worcester
Keeping us busy as well, have been the weekends away watching kayaking races, just this past weekend we were in Worcester, very beautiful I may say!

We are also planning our UK wedding reception, yes after almost 6 months of being married, WOW! Six months already!
Anyway, we thought Steve's mum and family and friends deserve a small party to celebrate, so that is our challenge now... I am still waiting to find a great free baker to do my cake! LOL Anyone out there interested?

Things to look forward to, are a very soon trip to Scotland somewhere in October, and then a whole month vacation in the US, starting in Miami, for my best friends babyshower, then to Orlando to see my sister, niece and nephew and finally to Atlanta, to spend Thanksgiving at mom's. I can't wait!

Steve @ the Nottingham regatta in July
On the Job side, I have not had any luck at all. I send out my CV, but no interviews at all. I wonder what I am doing wrong! Anyway, when I get back from the US, it will be serious Job hunting.
In the meantime, I have all of the above, plus starting back on the GYM plan, to keep me busy.

Anyone care to lend a helping hand at all?
Steve, Phil (Steve's Brother) and I at the Nottingham regatta








1 comment:

  1. welcome back! glad to hear you are well. Your home improvements look great, good work!! Hang in there with the job stuffs, it can be a roller coaster. the job market isn't much better here than it is in the states unfortunately, just takes a bit of persistence. it'll happen!
    Take care
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Picasa

Tower Bridge

Tower Bridge
London April 2010

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls November 2010

Niagara Falls November 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010