Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Adventures in England

It has been a quite few interesting weeks. Some good things and some, well, not so pleasant. But not to worry! I decided that the non so pleasant can be removed from my life, after all, it is MY LIFE and no one but me, will dictate how I live my life! Therefore, Steve and I will do what we want when we want!
There, that is said!

Two weeks ago, my lovely husband took me on a date out in London. We had such a great time! We did the Tower Bridge tour inside. Very nice indeed, but I rather look at it from the outside. Afterwards, we went to The National Gallery, it was wonderful! For those of you that live in England, or those who come an visit, it is a free entrance Gallery and let me say, it is worth every non penny of it! I am definitely going back!
After the nice 4 hours in the National Gallery, Steve and I headed to my favourite place in London! 
Covent Garden for dinner, the happy ending to a most wonderful day!

The next day My mother in Law and I headed to Buckingham Palace to do the inside tour. It was very very nice, but unfortunately they do not let you take any pictures. Now I can say I have been in the Queen's house! After a wonderful day out, I come home to my husband and his friend laying down our new floor! It was looking amazing! Took two days to complete the whole ground floor and I am in love with it!
So after much redecorating and although it is not quite finished yet, this is how my home looks:


I have to say, I am not a big fan of carpet, this however is of my liking! So, I am quite pleased! Now, does anyone know where I can get a nice cheap fireplace to cover this not very nice looking one?
Many thanks for your advise in advance!

We are also in the midst of planning our November holiday to the US, spending Thanksgiving with my mother and father and doing some other things, but it will be a surprise for "y'all" like we say in Atlanta!
For now, I will leave you as Steve and I are heading to the canoe club and gym!
See you later! Or in this case, Blog you later!

2 comments:

  1. I'm planning a Thanksgiving visit, too! Just trying to compare flight costs--OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are looking into a package with car rental since we are going away for a month and it's about 200o dollars for both plus 3 week car rental Not too bad I think

    ReplyDelete

Picasa

Tower Bridge

Tower Bridge
London April 2010

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls November 2010

Niagara Falls November 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010