Friday, December 16, 2011

The dream life!

As Steve and I were on our way back from Scotland at the end of October, I thought about how lucky I am.
The Drive from England to Scotland
Not only do I get to live in England with the most wonderful man, but I get spoiled by traveling, seeing and experiencing new things. Yes I am living my dream life and I would not exchange it for the world. Edinburgh was beautiful, Steve and I went to the Edinburgh Castle, we also roamed all around the city and Pub hopped. I have to say, I'm going back for sure! The drive up there was absolutely stunning, Everyone needs to do it sometime!
Edinburgh Castle
Scotland Border
A Week and a half later, I had the pleasure of visiting family and friends in November, yes it was a trip full of wonderful and stressful experiences. What do I mean by Stressful? Well, Steve and I went to the US for the whole month of November, we also rented a car for the duration of our visit, this would be good, as we wanted to go to my Best friends baby shower in Miami and to Orlando to see my sister and her family.


So the trip started great, we arrived in Atlanta, got our car, went to my moms. The next day drove down to Miami, stayed at my brothers, and this is were the mess began. We managed to get our car towed from the guest parking, because we did not have a permit! A permit? It is a damn guest parking! Sorry you need a permit... we are guests how the hell should we know? So not only the car got towed but we had to get a certified letter from the rental company saying we could get the car! @£$%^&! Better yet, it was a Sunday and car rental notary did not come in until Monday. So I decided I was not going to suffer this and that we were going out, so I got my brother to let us used his car and we drove all the way to Key west and then back, although that trip cost us a bit on gas.
My Husband and My mother?!
Monday came around, we had to leave my mom who came with us from Atlanta at the Fort Lauderdale Int'l airport, luckily, this was the place where we could also get the notarized letter to bring with us to collect the rental. Unfortunately the person was not there early and we had to come back later that day. Meanwhile Steve and I had breakfast and went back. We got the notarized letter, and took off to meet the idiots that towed our rental. When we got there, after waiting about an hour the guy comes back, the fee was $300.00! That was the most disgusting thing yet!
Steve said to me, "Make sure to say goodbye to your brother, it may be the last time you see him unless he goes North!" that made me chuckle.
The next few days were better, we stayed at my best friends house. I took some nice pregnant pictures of her,  I also saw some other good friends and got to spend sometime with them, that was worth the trip.

We then proceeded North to my sister near Orlando. I got to spend some days with her and the kids, which was quite nice and then left to spend the next  2 weeks and Thanksgiving with my Mom and Dad. we got to see more great friends and spend a day at the Dahlonega vineyards in Georgia with a great couple of friends. A month flies by when you are on vacation. I was grateful to see my friends and family, I miss them everyday. Now Steve and I are back in England and we are planning to go wine shopping and tasting in France early January, I hope it happens! And maybe a Spain trip with a friend from the US? who knows, anything is possible now!


Meg at Rock Castle Edinburgh - Steve said the stress of marriage is getting to him!

Sexy Man in Skirt!

Falkirk Wheel, Interesting Canal connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picasa

Tower Bridge

Tower Bridge
London April 2010

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Steve & Lizzie @ Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls November 2010

Niagara Falls November 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010

Mardi Gras February 2010